
The Watering Flower
I combined everything I learned about color, line, value, shape and abstraction to create this image in Illustrator. I established space and depth with the range of values in the background, and created a sense of falling with the vertical composition and long vertical lines. I created unity through color and style as well as variety with shape and contrast.
Here are a few more notes:
Characteristics of Value:
- Extreme contrast of values in a design gives a sense of clarity and depth. Similar values may give a sense of subtlety and shallowness.
- When values are very light, the term high key is used. Lighter values suggest a brighter, happier mood. Conversely, values that are dark are called low key. They usually feel somber and serious.
-Value is also used to describe volume two-dimensionally by imitating the way light reveals a form or an object. The lightest values are in the direct line of light, whereas the darker values are in shadow.
Rules:
- when designing with value, must design with shape
- must have visual hierarchy of value for value
- each value must be visually balanced throughout the composition for unity
-* selecting global colors changes all colors of the same value at once
No comments:
Post a Comment